Saturday, January 14, 2012

You are what you eat!~

'Tis true, my friends! :) One thing I've REALLY noticed about this diet I'm doing is that I feel more energetic and more healthy...does that make any sense? I haven't had any sugar for these two weeks. Ok, refined sugar. We all know there's sugar in fruit (fructose) and milk (lactose), those are naturally occurring sugars and react differently in your body than the refined sugars. I feel more full ALL of the time. Apparently I have added a lot more fiber to my diet. I weighed this morning and gained a pound back, which I'm totally fine with! I think part of the weight I lost was from the lasting effects of added fiber, if you know what I'm saying! ;)

Remember I told you I put things in my diet specifically to raise HDL or lower LDL? Here's some of the things they do:
Oats- Reduce total cholesterol and LDL
Blueberries- antioxidants (prevents plaque build-up)
Flaxseed- Reduces triglycerides
Brown rice- Lowers LDL (adds fiber)
Olive Oil- Lowers LDL AND Raises HDL
Craisins- antioxidant
Walnuts & almonds- Lowers LDL and Raises HDL
Applesauce & prunes- Antioxidant
Dark chocolate- Lowers LDL and Raises HDL (good fat)

I'll put more info tomorrow on the supplements. I think we ALL know the reasons exercise is good. If not, let me know and I'll explain. After our Stake youth activity tonight we stopped at Hardees, having not eaten for several hours. I ordered a grilled chicken club~grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, wheat bun, (took off the bacon and NO mayo) I could hardly eat it! In fact, I only ate about half of it! It's amazing how your taste buds change when you eat healthier! I ate my Larabar and now I'm happy! :) Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment