Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Don't eat if you're not hungry!!~

I know, kinda a no brainer wouldn't you say? But, how many of us eat when we're with friends, family, at the movie, at a ball game, late at night, dessert after dinner even though we're stuffed. I know, we ALL have to admit we've done it once or twice. I'll be honest, I've done it a LOT! There's quite a few things NOT ok with this eating practice!!
1. You will stretch out your stomach and, in the long run, will have to eat more to fill up that space!
2. You get calories that you DO NOT need which equals...you got it...weight gain!
3. You feel gross and instantly regret it...right!? I ate a piece of whole wheat bread AFTER dinner tonight and I feel sick!! But, that homemade bread ROCKED!!
4. 'Social eating' is a BIG problem in the U.S.! People eat around other people, whether it's a party, movie, super bowl Sunday, etc...I'm sure you can think of MANY times you ate just to eat because everyone around you was eating and you couldn't stop yourself and you regreted it later and you felt like you were gonna pop and...well...you get the idea! ;)
5. It messed with your body's natural 'time clock' for when YOU need to eat!!

If you don't keep a food journal and you're trying to lose weight, maybe you should consider keeping one.  I have never had the need. But, if you're having a hard time losing weight and THINK you're doing well on your diet but just don't seem to drop the pounds, keep a journal and see where your calories REALLY come from! Eating 5 to 6 small meals a day for the past 30 years has helped me keep off that yucky 55 lbs! The best advice I can give you...make your portions SMALLER, keep track of your CALORIES, and cut out the sugar. Report back here in a week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment