Sunday, January 8, 2012

One week~5 lbs lost~energy gained~

Our computer is having issues so I hope to get this done before it crashes again! Always something, right!?

After one week of this new diet/menu/quest to lower my LDL and raise my HDL, I've decided to change a bit of my menu.  You can find quantities on my other post. Here goes:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal, oat bran, blueberries, peaches. (I removed the craisins, they tasted weird.)

AM snack:
Whole container of yogurt, ground flaxseed. (I prefer MORE yogurt)

Lunch:
Chicken with olive oil, brown rice, salad with walnuts, tomato, and craisins. (Trying to find a good Raspberry Vinaigrette. Not liking Balsamic Vinaigrette with this combo)

Afternoon snack:
Container natural applesauce, 10 almonds. (20 almonds were too much for my liking)

Dinner:
Lara Bar (By this time of day I am SO full i don't want to eat! The Lara Bar's I like the best are carrot cake and Apple Pie. They're really yummy and totally natural. NO added sugar! the Carb's are fructose, which is fruit sugar and 100% natural. Your body assimilates it better that white sugar)

PM snack:
3 squares of DARK chocolate. (My favorite brand is Endangered Species. Mint is my favorite and has 72% Cacao. The really dark has 88% and it's a little strong for me. FYI~cacao is heart healthy and the fat is a MUFA, the best kind for you.)

That's it. Those are my changes for now. I'm still doing the Metamucil in the afternoon...VERY filling. FYI~I change my menu around daily depending upon my cravings. As long as I'm getting everything in my  menu, that's what's important! Also, I think I'll add another salad and possible some egg whites for a snack. Like I said, I'm so full all of the time I'm not hungry and it's hard to want to eat. I am NOT trying to lose weight! The purpose of this new "diet" is strictly for my cholesterol. I've limited my selection so i don't have to 'think' about my diet. EVERYTHING in this diet has a purpose~either to lower LDL or raise HDL....PERIOD!

Let me know if you have questions. I'll keep you posted on dietary changes. My headache is better today. I think the detoxing part if over (I hope!) and I have so much more energy! Tomorrow I will tell you how I cook my chicken...yum! Oh, and I DO need to make sure I'm getting salmon twice a week! I just couldn't bring myself to eat it last week...not a fish fan!

Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment