Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Cholesterol Lowering Diet (I HOPE!)

Well, for the next month or so I will be following this menu that I devised.  I searched the internet, used info I had previously found, and wrote a diet that I feel will help me achieve my goal of LOWER cholesterol numbers. Use what you like. Change what you feel will work best for you. Add calories if the total amount isn't enough for your body type.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them for you. So, here goes nothing~

BREAKFAST                                                                              CALORIES
1/2 c. cooked ROLLED oats                                                             75
2 TB Oat bran                                                                                   40
1/8 c. craisins                                                                                    50
1/4 c. blueberries                                                                              15

AM SNACK
1 container natural applesauce or apple                                          50
1/2 tsp. cinnamon                                                                              0
20 natural almonds                                                                          90

LUNCH
1 can white tuna or 4 OZ salmon                                                   120
green salad with tomato                                                                   50
1 TB Extra virgin Olive oil                                                               120
3 prunes                                                                                           20

AFTERNOON SNACK
1/2 container of lite yogurt                                                               40
2 TB ground flaxseed                                                                      30

DINNER
1/4 c. black beans                                                                           60
4 OZ chicken breast                                                                      150
green salad with tomato                                                                  50
1 TB Extra virgin Olive oil                                                              120
1/4 c. Cooked brown rice                                                                60
2 TB salsa                                                                                       10

PM SNACK
3 squares DARK chocolate                                                             80
TOTAL CALORIES:                                                                    *1310*

GOOD LUCK!!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Keep it up, I am excited to read about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julia! I'm excited to see some LOW cholesterol numbers!! I'm already making changes in the diet that I will post at the end of the week. I can tell you one thing...I am NOT hungry on this diet!! :)

    ReplyDelete