Monday, January 2, 2012

Daily supplements~

Supplements are a BIG part of cholesterol lowering...or, so I've been told! ;) Below is what I will be taking. Most of them I already take on a daily basis, some are new, a couple I've never heard of.  But, at this point I'm willing to try anything!

SUPPLEMENTS
Breakfast: Green tea, Vit. D, Fish oil, Red Wine capsule
AM snack: Cinnamon capsule, Red Rice capsule
Lunch: Fish oil, Liver detox tea
Afternoon snack: Red Rice capsule, Milk thistle capsule, Heaping TB Psyllium
                           (found in metamucil. Add to 1/2 c. O.J. that has plant sterols)
                            Psyllium adds 25 cal. and O.J. 55 cal.
Dinner: Fish oil, Flaxseed capsule, Garlic capsule, Vit. C

Each of these supplements have a purpose in cholesterol lowering. I'll comment on each of them throughout my journey. You will notice I take ALL of my supplements with food. I have found, at least for me, taking them HALF WAY through a meal lessens the potential of burping them up. YUM, nothing like a burp filled with fish oil taste....NOT!

Yesterday I DID find out a few things...you may not know it, but, adding good fat, MUFA'S, to your diet, will make you less hungry.  Well, drinking the Psyllium made me feel really full as well. After my lunch with the Olive oil and then the Psyllium with O.J., I felt SO full I had a REALLY hard time wanting to eat anything else the rest of the night! I've decided to give it another day and if I still feel that way, I will change up the time I take the Psyllium.
Also, adding the Oat Bran to my Oatmeal for breakfast made me feel REALLY full as well. I wasn't hungry for 6 hours after!! I think I'll add a little less oatmeal so my TOTAL cereal will equal 1/2 c. cooked. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day! I'm off to the gym.  I will post tomorrow my exercise program. Please let me know if you have questions or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment