Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm Baaaaack! :) ~ (Tips for better skin!)

So, last week was interesting....YIKES! Glad it's over, yet, I'm not. Here's some of my week...

Here are the wonderful aspects of the week...My daughter Chantel and her cute little guy Gage came and stayed with me for 2 weeks while her hubby was in Penn. doing training. Of COURSE I had to play with them!! :) I was able to accompany myself and sing "How Great Thou Art" at my dear friends' father's funeral. I was also able to play "Believe in Christ" for my daughter Mackenzi at her friends' baptism. Went to 2 wonderful YW in excellence's at a couple of our branches out here...amazing Young Women!! See, WONDERFUL things happened! :)

Now for the not-so-great things...I shut my thumb in the car door, thought I broke it, xrays said 'no' but my thumb is purple, huge, and hurts! :( Also, I was putting away silverware out of the dishwasher and dropped a steak knife on the top of my foot! Wouldn't you think the heavy handle would fall first? hmmm, not so. The sharp end stabbed into my foot right into a vein.  I put pressure on it so, the blood spread underneath the skin. Nice little purple bruise in a perfect circle. HAHA!! My hubby and son are SO protective of me right now!! :)

As far as the cholesterol journey...I've been doing really great with supplements and exercise! Food, well, I'm doing well with the menu. But...ummm...well...I made lemon bars for Kenzi and Jasmine, hadn't had them in YEARS (literally!) and I ate half of them!! Know what? I woke up with a headache EVERY day last week! I KNOW it had to do with the sugar! Just took me a week to figure it out! ;)  So, other than the sugar added to the diet, I did wonderfully! Still loving the chicken and rice..my favorite!!!

I added a grapefruit daily. Heard it helps to 'burn' the fat out of your system, therefore, helping the cholesterol. We'll see. I LOVE grapefruit!! Also, stopped the Larabars. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THEM, but, trying to do less carbs. Remember, if you get too many it will turn into fat! I am also eating salmon every day. I read, in Dr. Perricone's book (famoue dermatologist) that it helps with your skin. Now that I'm at the ripe ole age of 51 I need all the help I can get! My skin does NOT like me any more! Interesting things have happened to it this past year...not kidding!! So, fish oil, salmon, Vit. C, lots of water with lemon, tomatoes, romain lettuce, almonds or hazlenuts, eating protien BEFORE any other part of your meal, will ALL help with your skins appearance and texture!

Externally, you can put olive oil on at night for moisturizer. DO NOT go to bed with your make-up on, it can cause SO many things...dry skin, clogged pores causing acne, ages your skin faster...just clean and moisturize your face daily. Exfoliate ONCE a week, more will cause your skin to become dry, therefore, susceptible to wrinkles and acne.  Use sun screen...sun damage causes pre-mature wrinkling. Give your skin a rest once in awhile from make-up. It will give your skin a chance to 'breathe' and repair itself and generate new cell growth.

That's it. All my wisdom for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to send an inbox or email. FYI, I will continue my journey for another 3 weeks until I go to AZ for my nieces wedding...WOOHOO!! I'm SO excited!! I'll have test results in 3 weeks. Also, I quit the Metamucil for a week....no constipation!! Trying to figure out a new dosage or something!! I read on a website recently that Psyllium is the BEST thing you can take to lower LDL.  So, I'm still going to give it a try!! Have a wonderful week!!! If my computer holds up and LETS me blog, I will be more consistent this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment