Friday, January 20, 2012

Falling off the wagon~ ;)

OK, so, my children weren't here for my birthday which is Dec. 26th.  Chantel, our oldest, and her little son Gage, are visiting for a couple of weeks. So, she decided she needed to take me out to lunch for a belated birthday. Well, we went to Red Lobster. We shared the Maple glazed salmon...yummy! I also had 2 rolls and a salad with about 1 tsp of vinaigrette. We drank an ice water with lemon. For dessert we shared a piece of chocolate cake.

OK, so, I know I'm doing my cholesterol lowering journey but decided to celebrate anyway. Here is a little secret...this is how I've kept 55 lbs off for over 30 years. Even though I ate things at lunch that aren't on my particular diet at the moment, I found ways to still make it do-able. Because I ate the rolls I didn't have my brown rice. Different carbs...I know. I didn't have my chocolate squares because I had the chocolate cake.  THIS is how you keep weight off once you lose it!! DO NOT punish yourself for eating something that might not be on your diet or not so good for you!!! Mentally keep track of your calories and adjust in other places!! If I want a cookie, I have one! I'll just cut back on dinner. If I want a candy bar, I'll have one! Maybe I'll have a smaller sandwich for lunch! It's a way of life during AND after the diet and weight loss!! Make it a lifestyle change!!

That's it!! That's my little secret!! When you go on a diet don't think to yourself, "Oh, I can do ANYTHING for 3 months until I lose the weight." If you have this mentality, you will fail...PERIOD!! This is the reason over 90% of people gain their weight back! You have to want the change for LIFE...NOT just for a short period of time and then go back to bad habits.

Now, it's off to celebrate my son's 14th birthday...he ROCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment