Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm BACK!!

March 27, 2014

Well, as you can see from my last post, it's been awhile....wow! 2 years! With all of my great intentions of keeping this blog going well, it was just a little much for me! So many things have happened since I first started writing my blog:
1. I have 2 new grandsons. That's a total of 3 grandsons. Gage is 4 1/2, Cache is 16 months, and Talon is 14 months. They certainly light up my life!
2. Our youngest, and only son, received his Eagle Scout Award a few months ago. SO very proud of him!!
3. Our youngest daughter is home for a few months visiting and preparing to move to Mesa, AZ, which is where I'm from. I still have a LOT of family and friends there so, this is a wonderful thing!!
4. I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks after my sister passed away. 3 episodes of thinking I was having a heart attack because of pain...well, it was enough for me!

I haven't been doing well at ALL on my diet and exercise journey which, for someone who's been active for MANY years and has kept off 55 lbs for over 30 years, that's a pretty big deal! It's been very difficult for me to lose my older sister. I hadn't seen her in 3 years and I was going to visit her; and my other family in Mesa for my nieces wedding; the week after she passed away. There's been a lot of healing that has had to happen because of this. Lots of guilt for not making trips to Mesa while she was still alive because "I couldn't afford it". I miss her terribly! I've really had to learn to grieve in my own way and allow myself to feel and to heal.

One thing positive that HAS happened, however, is the fact that I'm now writing music! Most of my work is church related. It's been a true blessing in my life! The first song came to me on a plane ride home from my sister's funeral. This was a new experience for me! I've sung and played the piano my whole life but never really written any music. It's certainly been a humbling journey for me!

Now, to the REAL reason I decided to start writing again...my body. I have totally neglected it over these past couple of years...yes, I know it's been a LONG time and it's unacceptable...but, it is what it is! My body has changed a LOT over these past few years! neglect has done it's number on me but, I'm also not getting any younger! As you age you lose 1/4 lb of muscle every year! REALLY!?!?!? Oh my! Well, I can testify that those numbers are true!! I've pretty much stayed the same weight since I got married 31 years ago. And I'm being serious! I even weighed exactly the same when I delivered each of my children, even though their weight's varied between 6lb 5oz-8lb 11oz.  My body is happy at this weight. I can eat whatever I want...How, you might ask? Well, I mentally keep track of my calories, for one. I eat the similar foods every day. Boring? well, not for me. There's certain foods I like and so I stick with them!...like...10 almonds and 10 chocolate chips (my 100 calories snack), half a peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat bread, oatmeal with fruit...you get the picture.

Well, these past couple of years have done me in. I weigh the same...BUTT...(yes, I spelled it that way on purpose)...my body is NOT the same...AT ALL!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how flabby my body is and how much muscle I have lost! How do I know that? Well, looking in the mirror, for starters, is the BIGGEST, most humbling thing you can do and, my clothes do NOT fit the same!! You may not believe this, but, I don't care how much I weigh. I care about how my clothes fit and how I feel. This is an honest statement. 

So, what to do. That's why I'm back!! I have just started a new diet/eating differently program with my hubby. He lost 6 lbs the first week. I started Monday and have lost 3 lbs of FAT!! Now, before you freak out, it's TOTALLY and completely healthy! It's the most wonderful diet/eating program out there for EVERYONE!!!! If you don't need to lose weight, you won't! You don't count calories. You go through 3 Phases, you're told what foods to choose from, and then you eat...every 3 hours...all day long...without counting calories.  I'm on day 4. It's been rough because for 2 days all I could have was protein and veggies and not ALL veggies.

If this sounds interesting at ALL to you, come back tomorrow and I'll share some of this new found information with you!!! I PROMISE, if you're interested in improving your health at ALL, resetting your metabolism, detoxing your body, gaining energy, and more, you don't want to miss out!!! See you tomorrow!  :)

2 comments: