Monday, March 31, 2014

Did I Eat Today? (Your new way of saying DIET)

Yes, that's Haylie Pomroy's acronym for DIET and it's wonderful!! I love her attitude! 

People have such an obsession with food...whether good or bad. We all have to eat to stay alive and function...FACT of life!! YOU are the one who chooses what to put into your body! It's a conscious choice and YOU decide what fuels your body the best.
One of my favorite things about this diet (I really hate to call it that because I do NOT feel like this is a diet!) is that you don't count calories...SERIOUSLY!!! It's wonderful and so refreshing!! Haylie really gives you a pretty large variety of foods to eat in each of the Phases.
I'm on my first day of Phase 1...again. Each week you start the 3 Phases over. You start with a 'new body' so-to-speak because your body has responded to the diet the week before. Your metabolism is getting re-set, you're burning fat, you've lost weight, you have more energy...it's a 'new body' on a new quest. I lost 4 pounds last week! I did NOT start this journey to lose weight! I have been the same weight for over 30 years. I started this diet for 2 reasons:
1. To keep my hubby motivated.  :)
2. To re-set my metabolism and hopefully get some energy.

A little about Phase 2...this is a hard Phase for me. You can only eat protein and veggies...period!!! For TWO days!!!! I love my brown rice and fruit so, this Phase is difficult. But, I'm willing to try it to see if it works!

Phase 2 (Unlock fat stores) ~ That's the purpose of this Phase so, who WOULDN'T want to do it!!!!
Here's what I ate during this Phase~
B~4 egg white omelet and celery or red peppers
S~boiled egg whites with Frank's Red Hot sauce...YUM!!
L~Hamburger meatballs and a BIG salad with ALL kinds of veggies
S~Protein
D~Protein and Veggies

It's imperative that you get the book and see what foods she suggests that you eat. To see what condiments you can use. For instance, you can't have tomatoes during this Phase.  :(  

Oh, you also do certain exercises with each phase. I, for one, am just going to start P90X, walking (which tones my lower body faster than ANY exercise I do!) and Body for Life weight workout.

So, there you go. You're now 4 days into your new diet. I'm not sure I can post too many things from her book so, I'll share a little and then you need to get the book. I personally think it's going to be wonderful to keep that little gem around forever! I can guarantee that we'll be doing it again at some point in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you got me! I'm gonna get the book. I am going on the wedding diet. I've got 4 months before our son's wedding. I need to lose 12 pounds to be at my goal weight. Tell me I can do it. I know I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, you will lose that in a few weeks!!! Just make sure you follow it exactly! No cheating or it doesn't work as well! Eat LOTS of veggies since those are unlimited and drink LOTS of water!!! Good luck! Please let me know if I can help you with anything!

    ReplyDelete